Technical / Functional Skills
- Good verbal and Written communication skills.
- Experience in an Agile Development environment
- Experience in AWS Cloud application is must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- With Informatica, Teradata functionality, tools and utilities as well as Linux
- Using Teradata functionality, tools and utilities.
- Optimizing ETL solutions.
- Experience with basic Mainframe JCLs required.
- Effectively switches focus and efforts in agile way
- Work within the BI Team to help evolve the Development & Design Standards through experiences, observations, and suggestions.
- Work within the BI Team to help evolve best practices
- Provides technical feedback to leadership on BI projects
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing technical leadership to on and offshore team members.
- Responsible for developing ETL solutions in support of IT Finance, HR, DGS and DC DR.
- Will also be responsible for coordinating design, development, maintenance and support of data warehouse ETL jobs.
- Desired Airline industry experience
- Desired development experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
- Desired experience working with database technologies and data development such as Python, PLSQL, etc.
- Solid understanding of writing test cases to ensure data quality, reliability and high level of confidence
- Track record of advancing new technologies to improve data quality and reliability
- Continuously improve quality, efficiency, and scalability of data pipelines
- Knowledge of working with queries/applications, including performance tuning, utilising indexes, and materialized views to improve query performance
- Identify necessary business rules for extracting data along with functional or technical risks related to data sources (e. g. data latency, frequency, etc. )
- Develop initial queries for profiling data, validating analysis, testing assumptions, driving data quality assessment specifications, and define a path to deployment
- Familiar with best practices for data ingestion and data design