We are seeking an experienced Application Administrator with 5 to 12 years of experience to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining business-critical applications to ensure optimal performance, availability, and security. This role requires strong technical skills, excellent problem-solving abilities, and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Oversee the day-to-day administration, maintenance, and support of business applications.
- Monitor application performance, identify and resolve issues, and implement enhancements to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, development, and business stakeholders, to ensure seamless application integration and alignment with business requirements.
- Implement and maintain application access controls, security policies, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Coordinate application upgrades, patches, and migrations, ensuring minimal downtime and disruption to business operations.
- Develop and maintain documentation for application administration processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Provide technical support and training to end-users, addressing any issues or concerns.
- Participate in capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, and business continuity initiatives.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools, and solutions to improve application performance and management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in application administration, preferably with experience in managing enterprise-grade applications.
- Strong knowledge of application architecture, infrastructure, and integration principles.
- Proficient in SQL, scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python), and basic programming concepts.
- Experience with application monitoring tools, such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, or New Relic.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with ITIL, Agile, or other IT service management frameworks.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and interest in the role.